Directions to Kufstein
Hinterthiersee is located in the Austrian federal state of Tyrol, in a wonderfully quiet region about 20 minutes from the city of Kufstein.
In order to make your journey to Hinterthiersee as enjoyable and stress-free as possible, we have collected on this site various bits information as well as a few tips.
When the journey is the destination…
Enjoy your arrival day to the fullest! Interesting stopping points are available to visit on both your arrival and departure days (weather depending). Learn more!
- City of Kufstein (approx. distance 12km / Travel driving: approx. 20 minutes)
- Innsbruck (approx. distance 90km / Travel time: approx. 60 minutes)
- Munich (approx. distance 100km / Travel time: approx. 75 minutes)
- Salzburg (approx. distance 117km / Travel time: approx. 90 minutes)
- Bozen (approx. distance 200km / Travel time: approx. 2.5 hours)
- Zurich (approx. distance 380km / Travel time: approx. 4.5 hours)
Arriving by car:
Directions to Kufstein
- From the north (D, NL, B, GB, etc.)
Take the A8 in the direction of Salzburg – at the Inntal-Dreieck intersection take the A93 in the direction of Kufstein
- From the west (CH)
Take the A12 Inntalautobahn in the direction of Kufstein
- From the east (Salzburg)
Travel via the Westautobahn A1 in the direction of Salzburg - via A8 in the direction Munich (München) – at the Inntal-Dreieck intersection take the A93 toward Kufstein
- From the south (IT)
Take the A22 in the direction of Brenner - to the A13 toward Innsbruck – and the A12 Inntalautobahn in the direction of Kufstein
Directions to Kufstein - Hinterthiersee
- Always take the “Kufstein Nord ” motorway exit
- Turn right towards Kufstein at the first roundabout
- Go straight through the next roundabout and cross the Inn Bridge (Innbruecke) parallel to the motorway
- Turn right on to Thiersee Road (Thierseestraße) after 1 km
- After the underpass, continue on the A-road for 6 km until you reach the town of Vorderthiersee
- In Vorderthiersee, go left at the crossroads in front of the Raiffeisen Bank and continue up the road towards Hinterthiersee
- an der Kirche in Vorderthiersee vorbei bis Mitterland fahren
- After another 5 km, turn right just before you reach the church in Hinterthiersee and continue up the driveway to the hotel.
Panorama road - from Munich in dry weather conditions
In nice weather or bad traffic (eg. If there is a traffic jam on the motorway) we recommend taking the scenic route through the German Lake District: Exit the motorway at “Weyarn” and cross the border via Miesbach, Schliersee and Bayrischzell in to Landl. Shortly after leaving the village, turn right and drive up the serpentine road for 3 km until you reach Hinterthiersee . Those who can’t stomach the serpentine road also have the option of continuing straight ahead after Landl to Vorderthiersee and then to Hinterthiersee (this is recommended in the winter, when there is snow on the roads).
Autobahn vignette or toll-road sticker
When driving on the Austrian motorways (Autobahnen) it
is required that you have a vignette sticker, a toll-road sticker on your car. The vignette can be bought at
border crossings at petrol stations and at many motor
Additional information and prices
Vignette-free travel option to Lake Thiersee
Take the “Kiefersfelden” exit (exit no. 60)
And continue down the A-road B171 for 3 km until you get to Kufstein
After the first underpass, take the first right at the roundabout
After a few metres turn left on to Thiersee Road (Thierseestraße)
After the second underpass drive along the A-road for 6 km until you reach Vorderthiersee
Once you reach Vorderthiersee take a left at the crossroads before the Raiffeisen Bank and continue up towards Hinterthiersee
Pass the church in Vorderthiersee and drive on until Mitterland
After another 5 km turn right just before you reach the church in Hinterthiersee and continue up the driveway to the hotel
Arriving by train and by bus (Kufstein Train Station)
A relaxed journey so you can enjoy your holidays as soon as you leave your home – that is advantage of travelling by train. You can forget about irritating holiday traffic jams, winter tyres, snow chains and all the route planning. Choose your train connection and just board! With the OEBB (Austrian Federal Railway) online timetable you can plan your journey to the Kufstein Region area in advance. You will arrive at the station in Kufstein and from there take the ideal bus connections to our resort town. Kufstein is an Austrian and German border station, at which all high-speed and intercity trains stop.
- Austrian Federal Railway(Österreichische Bundesbahn)
- Swiss Federal Railway (Schweizerische Bundesbahnen)
- German Federal Railway(Deutsche Bahn)
- Bus timetable (Arrival bus stop: Hinterthiersee Dorf)
You can’t find the right connection? Don’t hesitate to contact us! We will find the right train connection for your holiday. Just send us an e-mail.
Bus Transportation in the Kufstein Holiday Region
Bus transport within the Kufstein holiday region and to nearby Walchsee and Söll costs € 1.50 per person when purchased by a patron carrying a guest card (the guest card/holiday region card can be picked up upon your arrival at hotel reception; bus tickets can be purchased at reception or from the tourist office).
The taxi ride from the Kufstein train station to Hinterthiersee will cost between € 25,- depending on the taxi operator.
- Taxi Bundschuh Kufstein: 05372 67474 or
- Taxi Hager Kufstein: 05372-71300
- Taxi Luis Thiersee: 0676 677 02 00/ 05376 21313
(from 4pm to 5am)
Travelling by plane
Comfortable arrival by plane. Book your next flight online. The nearest airports are:
Transfer or car rental – that’s the question!
We will gladly help you book your flights and organise transfers from the airport to the hotel, as well as providing advice concerning car rentals. Book a transfer directly over the website with the SMS travel service .
Green spa bonus
at Hotel Juffing & Spa
Guests arriving in an environmentally friendly way will be rewarded
The beautiful landscape and the unspoilt natural environment are a privilege and a responsibility at the same time. We have therefore created an incentive for environmentally friendly travel. Many of our more athletic guests coming from Bavaria or Tyrol see the route up to the idyllic Thiersee Valley as a delightful challenge and choose to cycle up to the hotel. Instead of dealing with traffic jams, toll roads and creating unnecessary CO2 emissions, we recommend travelling by train. All express and intercity trains stop at the nearest railway station “Kufstein”, at the Austro-German border. From here there is a bus service to Hinterthiersee, leaving at regular intervals.
This dedication to the environment deserves a reward, which is why guests arriving by bicycle or public transport receive 10 cents per travelled kilometre as a green spa bonus. This bonus can be redeemed in the form of vouchers for spa treatments .